I am doing some research today, so I ended up in a weird spot and just have to share these facts. I wonder who does the research on some of this stuff. Some of it is cool, but some is just plain gross. Okay, here it is:
1. Only 1% of bacteria causes disease.
2. There is more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.
3. Pain travels at 350 feet per second. Ouch.
4. Every hour 1 billion of your cells are replaced.
5. Fingernails grow 4 times faster than toenails. (You really wanted to know that, didn’t you?)
6. One quarter of your brain is used to control your eyes.
7. When you die, your hearing is the last sense to go.
8. You inhale 700,000 of your own skin cells every day. That is gross.
9. It takes 20 seconds for a blood cell to circulate around the whole body.
10. Your office desk is likely to have 400 times more bacteria on it than the toilet. (Really, really a scary thought.)
Okay, clearly I didn’t have enough to do today, or I am just plain avoiding it. These little facts are fun. Don’t forget, you don’t stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop laughing! Have a great day!